Intended as a resource to help identify vintage wargames figures before posting them more publicly on the Hinton Hunter, Old Metal Detector, or Lone S Ranger blogs
Ian, are there any code numbers scratched on the underside of the base? If not, and they are a good size match for the Hinton Hunts they came with, I think they willm turn out to be Minifigs 20mm/Alberken, the ones before S range: top two Prussian, middle two Russian, bottom two French. Does the last figure have epaulettes (they may just be painted on?)
Clive, I think the epaulettes are just painted on - if they are sculpted they are very feint. No sign of any codes under the bases and yes, they are a good size match for HH.
I am intending to use this site to post pictures for identification help before blogging them publicly on the Hinton Hunter, Old Metal Detector or Lone S Ranger sites. You can use the comments feature to respond and see any ideas others have left. If you want to post pictures here for others to help with, let me know and I can arrange the right to post. I won't be publicising the site in general, it's really to enable us to do this on line rather than by e-mail and hopefully with higher definition pictures. The site is invitation only but I am happy to invite anyone you think may be interested to join.
5 comments:
Ian, are there any code numbers scratched on the underside of the base? If not, and they are a good size match for the Hinton Hunts they came with, I think they willm turn out to be Minifigs 20mm/Alberken, the ones before S range: top two Prussian, middle two Russian, bottom two French. Does the last figure have epaulettes (they may just be painted on?)
Clive, I think the epaulettes are just painted on - if they are sculpted they are very feint. No sign of any codes under the bases and yes, they are a good size match for HH.
Clive, could the middle figure be a Prussian Grenadier? It has the canteen strapped to the back of the pack in Prussian fashion.
Yes could be - I think I may have some of these somewhere - I will have a look. Pretty definite MF20s/Alberj=ken - they are nice figures to have
Nice figure...and evolution!
Post a Comment