Intended as a resource to help identify vintage wargames figures before posting them more publicly on the Hinton Hunter, Old Metal Detector, or Lone S Ranger blogs
Sunday, 8 March 2009
Scruby Miniatures
The figure on the left below looks to me very much like these Scrubys.
The two on the right look like home-cast copies of Spencer Smith connaiseur (spelt wrong - I know!) range, which were sculpted by someone other than Eriksson, but I'm in the Library so can't look-up his name!
If they are the bases have been reduced, I'll compare when I get home and report back!
Clive - I've added a shot of the two I think they might be copied from in Edit as a new post, but not published it, if you want to have a look and either move it here or...?
I am intending to use this site to post pictures for identification help before blogging them publicly on the Hinton Hunter, Old Metal Detector or Lone S Ranger sites. You can use the comments feature to respond and see any ideas others have left. If you want to post pictures here for others to help with, let me know and I can arrange the right to post. I won't be publicising the site in general, it's really to enable us to do this on line rather than by e-mail and hopefully with higher definition pictures. The site is invitation only but I am happy to invite anyone you think may be interested to join.
4 comments:
the figure is a typical Scruby pose for drummers
cheers old john
The two on the right look like home-cast copies of Spencer Smith connaiseur (spelt wrong - I know!) range, which were sculpted by someone other than Eriksson, but I'm in the Library so can't look-up his name!
If they are the bases have been reduced, I'll compare when I get home and report back!
Hugh you're thinking of Barry Minot - these definitely aren't his. I think they are just Scrubies
Clive - I've added a shot of the two I think they might be copied from in Edit as a new post, but not published it, if you want to have a look and either move it here or...?
H
Post a Comment